Horizon Europe Collaboration Session
October 5th, 15:00 - 18:00
Vertex Building, Campus Nord UPC
There is plenty of funding at the bottom: Building Bridges in Nanonetworking for Large-scale Funding Opportunities
Alongside the main activities of the conference, the organization committee of ACM NanoCom has prepared a networking event aimed at helping
researchers to establish connections in view of preparing European project proposals on topics relevant to the community.
Aware of the multidisciplinarity required to attain funds at the European scale with topics related to nanocomputing and nanocommunications,
our target is to gather experts from different disciplines. Also aware of the competitiveness of certain calls such as EIC Pathfinder or ERC
Synergies, we have invited experts from already funded consortia who are interested in new projects, so that they can both share their experience
and also become part of new proposals. Members of projects such as B-CRATOS
, the European Processor Initiative
and others have confirmed their presence in the event.
While the details of the final program are still to be finalized, we expect the event to be broken down in four main activities:
- Introductory talks by European officers on technical aspects about funding initiatives (e.g. EIC Pathfinder, ERC Synergies, etc.).
- Brief success stories about on-going projects held by project PIs, probably as short presentations.
- A set of pitch, very short presentations by attendees, to introduce themselves and describe what they are looking for.
- An open session with means to have one-to-one short meetings, followed by a reception with food and drinks.
[15:00 - 15:10] Short Intro
- (15:00 - 15:10) A brief introduction about the session
[15:10 - 15:30] PART 1: Funding programs (Chair: Pablo Fernández, UPC)
- (15:10 - 15:30) The EIC Programme (Samira Nik, PhD; Programme Manager for Quantum Tech and Electronics, EISMEA)
[15:30 - 16:30] PART 2: Success Stories
- (15:30 - 15:45) The B-CRATOS FET project (Dr. Ali Khalegi)
- (15:45 - 16:00) The GLADIATOR FET project (Prof. Odysseos Andreani)
- (16:00 - 16:15) The PRINGLE Pathfinder project (Prof. Filip Meysman)
- (16:15 - 16:30) The FIT4NANO COST project (Dr. Gemma Ruis)
[16:30 - 17:30] PART 3: Networking Session
- (16:30 - 16:40) Introduction to PART 3: Brainstorming and discussion in separate thematic rooms. Pitch presentations from attendees are welcome
Please register here to attend the Horizon Europe collaboration session. Note
that it is NOT necessary to have a full registration to the ACM NanoCom conference. The collaboration session has a reduced registration fee.
If you want to know more details, please send an email to Sergi Abadal and Laura Galluccio and
we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Organizers acknowledge support from the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 863337, and Horizon Europe research and innovation programme
under grant agreement No 101042080.