Student Travel Grants
ACM NanoCom 2017 is pleased to announce the availability of several student travel grants sponsored by the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
To qualify for this travel grant, the applicant must be studying in an accredited US institution. Student recipients will be reimbursed after the conference (based on the collected receipts). Students must book their flights from US-based carriers.
Preference will be given to students who have registered the main conference by July 1, 2017. All recipients of the student travel grants are required to register by July 30, 2017 at a Student FULL Registration rate or a Student Registration rate. The final award is contingent upon the recipient showing a proof of registration.
An application for a student travel grant consists of the following documents:
- A request letter from the student (see below).
- The student's Curriculum Vitae.
- A recommendation letter from the student's graduate advisor.
- An estimate of the costs to attend NanoCom: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these overall costs.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The letter from the student should be at most one page and include the following information:
- A brief summary of the student's research interests and accomplishments to date.
- A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student.
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
- Confirmation that student is a bona fide full-time Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good academic standing at the given institution.
- Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The advisor's commitment to covering the student’s travel cost in excess of the travel grant.
Applicants should create their application as a single PDF file
, following the format described above.
After login to EDAS, click on the “Travel Grants" tab, look for a conference called "ACM NanoCom 2017 Student Travel Grant", and then submit the application. Direct link to the submission page is https://edas.info/G.php?g=559
||July 30, 2017 at 23:59 EST
||August 12, 2017
|Awardee Acceptance Deadline
||August 19, 2017
- Should I merge my advisor's recommendation letter with my application together to submit to EDAS?
No. You will need to provide the email address of your advisor when you submit the application. Your advisor will then receive a separate email from EDAS to instruct him/her to submit the recommendation letter to EDAS.